What to Do Before the Pest Control Technician Arrives?
Depending on the type of vermin that has taken up residence on your property, it is best to prepare the site before the arrival of an exterminator. The staff at Extermination Platinum in Montreal, Laval and Ste-Thérèse will inform you of the steps to follow.
All textiles must be treated and stored in sealed bags. It is also important to declutter the area, empty all drawers and treat the furniture with hot steam. See the Punaises de lit section for more details.
If a skunk, groundhog, squirrel or raccoon is bothering you, take note of these suggestions to keep them away from your property.
Insects, Mice and Other Rodents
By making the rooms of your home accessible, you will facilitate the exterminator’s work. Before the exterminator arrives, make sure entry points are sealed and no pet food is left outside. Installing screens is also highly recommended.
Capturing Wild Animals
When a groundhog, skunk, raccoon, squirrel or other wild animal is causing you trouble, you can count on the pest control methods used by an experienced exterminator.
Tips to Keep Wild Animals Away
- Close garbage bags tightly before putting them outside
- Repair holes in vents, entrances, screens, etc.
- Erect a fence or block off access to places that could accommodate an animal (wood piles, under a deck, etc.)
- Put away food that is left outside for pets
- Make sure your yard is well maintained so as to not encourage animals to take refuge there
Call on Extermination Platinum! If an animal has gotten inside your home, it could damage your property and pose a risk to your safety. In some cases, it is preferable to trap the animal in a cage and remove it.